Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ARTIST ON THE RISE INTERVIEW WITH"DEONTE"


CHECK OUT THE INTERVIEW FROM DEONTE AS WE SIT & SPEAK WITH HIM...

ASC: What is your name and where are you from?
DEONTE:Roderick Nicholes, Dallas Tx.


ASC: What age did you start to take Rap serious?
DEONTE:I started taking rap seriously around 16yrs old


ASC: Who gave you the name “DEONTE”
DEONTE:My Mom gave it to me Deonte is my middle name


ASC: What challenges do you face being a Rap artist?
DEONTE:The biggest challenge i face being a rap artist is also being a singer.


ASC: Do you have a mainstream artist that you look up too
DEONTE:I have many mainstream Influences Outkast, BabyFace, Ugk, ryan leslie, 2Pac to name a few!


ASC: How do you feel about today’s Rap/Hip-Hop scene ?
DEONTE:Well I have mixed feelings about the music scene right now sometimes I feel like the game is very over
populated with artists but on the other hand it drives me to better my craft everyday and to push my creative ability to the max which will make me stand out.


ASC: Do you remember your first performance? How was that experience?
DEONTE:My first experience on stage was in a
middle school talent show and after I saw the reaction from the girls I was like yea I can see myself doing this one day


ASC: Do you have any upcoming events?
DEONTE:I have a few events lined up I'm about to do a promo tour soon I'll be in Tulsa, Waco, Shrevport, Tyler, and Texarkana that's just to get things rolling for now!


ASC: Where do you see yourself a year from now?
DEONTE:In a year from now I see myself writing for alot of artist and helping other artists reach their goals.


ASC: What makes you different from other rappers in your eyes?
DEONTE:Versilitity, creativity, that i’ve come up under some of the best in my area, so i got alotta 1st hand experience of how to handle the music business. and i believe in myself and the music i make, and i believe that once you press play, you will too!

ASC: What do you want to accomplish in 2011?
DEONTE:give the people more of me, gain more attention, from fans and majors alike. and make money doing it, of course! 2010 was a good year, so we want to just keep the ball rolling.


ASC: ANY LAST SHOUTOUTS pimp-n-keys ent (my producers and co-label owners) my manager Guap , the whole NDA, mr lucci, mr pookie and my stoney crook family my A1 family , the DCC (Dallas City Council).... my mother and god ..with out them i am nothing.

WHERE CAN PEOPLE FIND YOU
TWITTER, @deonte214
FACEBOOK Roderick Deonte Nicholes-Hot Rod
BOOKING INFO guap 214-868-7595



MANAGER GUAP
SHOUT OUT TO GUAP..HE IS ALSO AN STREET TEAM MEMBER FOR ADONAI SIGNATURE CLOTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment