Friday, May 20, 2011

DESIGNER ON THE RISE-LEO GENARO



ASC: What is your name and where are you from?
LEO: Leo Genaro from Manhattan , NY

ASC: What age did you start to take Designing serious?
LEO: I’ve designed many things since childhood like: cars, homes, businesses, as far as fashion about 2 years.

ASC: Who gave you the name “Genaro Designs.”
LEO: I did… Since it’s my name and Italian, it works well with fashion.

ASC: What challenges do you face being a High Fashion Designer?
LEO:Creating new never seen before styles… is always a challenge! And I like challenges.

ASC: Do you have any Designers that you look up too
LEO:I use to work with Mark Wong Nark at his factory and store (His son Blair Ortega is one of my best friends). I always admire his quality of work and how he would focus on the fine details.

ASC: How do you feel about today clothing market?
LEO: I believe people are starting to shop a lot more now, and are opening there minds to new fashion, and that’s were I step in!

ASC: Are you currently working on any new material?
LEO: Always!

ASC: Who is your favorite designer?
LEO: Mark Wong Nark, Gucci, Prada, Marc Jacobs, LV, Oscar de la Renta, etc…


ASC: Do you have any upcoming events that feature your designs?
LEO: 3 Music videos one by artist Jacq Riot, Mc Rai and Lexy Panterra should come out by summer of 2011.
3 Magazines Published in Tinsel Tokyo Magazine, Haute Magazine, and Lov Magazine.

ASC: Where do you see yourself a year from now?
LEO: In major top department stores and boutiques.

ASC: What makes you different from other designers in your eyes?
LEO: Designers work with what they see in fashion and they work with that!
I work with what I don't see in fashion and I..... Work with that!

ASC: What do you want to accomplish in 2011?
LEO: Connecting and teaming up with the right people in the fashion industry, which can make my line go Global!

ASC: ANY LAST SHOUTOUTS
LEO:To my dear close friends and influencers! Mark Wong Nark (Designer), Kelly Nishimoto (Designer), Juan Olmos (Friend), Ali Afshar (Friend) and sooo many amazing friends that believe in my vision and wear my ties in support! Thank you!!!

WHERE CAN PEOPLE FIND YOU?
Website: Genarodesigns.com

FACEBOOK: facebook.com/genarodesigns

http://twitter.com/#!/GenaroDesigns

Please Feel Free To Check Out Some Of His Work Below





No comments:

Post a Comment